Lawrence Brocchini is a Partner at the firm. He is a litigator and dispute resolution attorney who is deeply passionate about trial practice and steadfastly committed to the firm’s clients and their success. His litigation experience spans a broad spectrum of complex federal and state court commercial litigation through trial and appeal, as well as private and public agency mediation and arbitration. He regularly litigates cases involving complex commercial, contract, business torts, ownership and financial disputes; trademark, copyright, trade secrets and patents; employment, discrimination and non-competition matters; matrimonial and family law enforcement; as well as securities, professional liability, regulatory, health care and other matters. Mr. Brocchini has successfully represented Fortune 500 companies, mid- to small-sized firms and individuals in industries such as retail, finance, entertainment, film and television production, technology, manufacturing, energy, pharmaceuticals, insurance, medical, health care and accounting.
Larry was previously a partner in a major international law firm and litigated at two leading national litigation firms.
Larry is a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent-rated attorney and was selected as a 2018 Appellate Super Lawyer for the New York Metro area. He is admitted to practice in New York and before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Federal Circuits, the Supreme Court and general federal district courts.
Larry holds a B.A. from Georgetown University (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School (cum laude).
Larry has a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating and is a 2018 selected Super Lawyer in the area of Appellate Advocacy for the New York Metro area.
Noted Speaking Engagements
- “Non-Competes — Drafting for Enforceability in the Internet Age (Part 3: Protectable Business Interests,” Expert Insights Series Clip, AltaClaro Blog – August 13, 2018
- “Non-Competes — Drafting for Enforceability in the Internet Age (Part 2: Tailoring Restrictions’ Scope,” Expert Insights Series Clip, AltaClaro Blog – August 2, 2018
- “Non-Competes — Drafting for Enforceability in the Internet Age (Part 1: Overview),” Expert Insights Series Clip, AltaClaro Blog – July 27, 2018
- “Misclassification: How to Protect Your Company from Labor Issues and Liabilities,” presentation for Anchin, Block & Anchin’s semi-annual “CPE for CFOs” seminar, with RPJ Partner Nicole Page – May 19, 2015
Selected Articles & Publications
- “PTO’s Newly-minted Money Grab: Why do I have to pay the PTO’s fees when its examiner blew it?” RPJ Blog – December 18, 2018
- “Supreme Court Upholds Workplace Arbitration Provisions and Class Action Waivers,” RPJ Blog – May 21, 2018
- “Lindsay Lohan Loses New York Appeal Over ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Game Character,” RPJ Blog – April 6, 2018
- “Second Circuit Holds that Punitive Damages Standard Under NYC Human Rights Law Differs from Title VII,” RPJ Blog – March 20, 2018
- “Second Circuit En Banc Ruling that Title VII Covers Claims for Sexual Orientation Discrimination,” RPJ Blog – February 26, 2018
- “Copyright ‘Registration/Application’ Split,” RPJ Blog – January 29, 2018
- “U.S. Department of Labor Revised Guidelines on Interns,” RPJ Blog – January 10, 2018
- “Federal Court Allowance of ‘Scandalous’ Trademark,” RPJ Blog – December 20, 2017
- “U.S. Supreme Court’s Denial to Review Sexual Orientation Discrimination under Title VII,” RPJ Blog – December 15, 2017
- “Social Media Friendly Cease and Desist Letters,” RPJ Blog – December 11, 2017
- “Overview of Landmark Federal Trade Secrets Act,” RPJ Blog – August 9, 2016
- “Recent Ruling Extending DMCA Safe Harbor Protections to Pre-1972 Sound Recordings,” RPJ Blog – June 28, 2016
- “Discussion on Ruling for Madonna on ‘De Minimis’ Copyright Sampling in Vogue,” RPJ Blog – June 14, 2016