Jeffrey L. Blankstein is Counsel for the firm. His practice areas include estate and retirement planning, individual taxation, real estate and litigation. Prior to RPJ, he worked in the New York office of an international accounting firm.
Mr. Blankstein is admitted to practice in New York.
Mr. Blankstein earned his B.S. in Accounting from the University of Florida (1983) and his J.D. from New York Law School (1986).
Service & Honors
Mr. Blankstein is a member of the American Bar Association, the Trusts and Estates Section of the New York State Bar Association and a former member of the Committee on Trusts, Estates and Surrogates’ Courts of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, as well as the Association’s Committee on Civil Courts.
Selected Engagements & Publications
Mr. Blankstein lectures frequently on estate planning and retirement planning.
Noted Speaking Engagements
- “DOMA – A Year Later,” Presentation Speaker, North Fork Women for Women Fund, with RPJ Partner Alice K. Jump – May 3, 2014
Selected Articles & Publications
- “The Corporate Transparency Act is Taking Effect: Part 3” RPJ- September 27, 2023
- “The Corporate Transparency Act is Taking Effect: Part 2,” RPJ – August 3, 2023
- “The Corporate Transparency Act is Taking Effect- Part 1” RPJ – June 20, 2023
- “Deed Theft: A Look into a Disturbing Trend and How New York State is Addressing the Problem,” RPJ – May 2, 2023
- “New York Based Celebrities and Performers Can Now Pass to their Heirs the Rights to License their Name” RPJ – January 25, 2023
- “It’s Been A While: Have Your Estate Planning Documents Been Reviewed?” RPJ – October 19, 2022