For well over two decades, our lawyers have provided innovative and efficient training programs to a broad range of companies and organizations in a manner suiting their unique needs, helping our clients to mitigate risk, focus on best practices and practical solutions, and develop a more inclusive, equitable workplace.
In more recent years, as an increasing number of states and localities have passed laws that require employee trainings to counter sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination, our firm has been at the forefront in providing trainings that satisfy and exceed statutory requirements.
Our trainings are customizable, including a broad array of topics and modules from which our clients may choose (such as implicit bias, bystander intervention, workplace investigations and more), and we develop specific content responsive to our clients’ particular interests and needs. We also are available to review Employee Handbooks and policies and assist our clients with a broad array of related employment and labor law matters.
Our clients enjoy the flexible formats of our training programs – all the more important during these challenging times – including the following options:
- Live and In-Person Programs
- Live, Participatory Online Programs
- Interactive On-Demand Programs
Programs and Supplements
Our programs are designed to fulfill the legal requirements of sexual harassment prevention training under the laws of New York State, New York City, Connecticut and California in effect as of January 1, 2021.* We additionally have training options for Massachusetts and New Jersey companies and organizations.
To learn more about training programs for your company or to schedule your training, please either submit the form on this page or contact Deena R. Merlen directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-763-4160 (NY) or 203-653-4422 (CT).
*Please note that under the training laws in California and Connecticut in particular, employees who are required to receive sexual harassment training must be provided an opportunity to ask questions and obtain answers from a trainer in a reasonably prompt manner (which means within no more than two business days, under California’s statute). Accordingly, for those employers that choose the on-demand online program, we can arrange a post-training Q&A Session for employers that do not wish to provide their own in-person trainer qualified under the applicable statutes to perform this additional training function. Please contact us for further details.
Interested in our live trainings (on Zoom or in-person) or the on-demand training courses? Let us know!
Closely related areas of the firm’s practice include:
- Policies & Documentation: Our firm’s lawyers are experienced in the preparation of employment documentation, such as handbooks, policies and compliance manuals, as well as company and employment agreements.
- Internal Investigations: Our firm counsels companies, organizations, executives, boards of directors and their communities in connection with accusations of serious wrongdoing and conducts the internal investigations that may follow. In appropriate circumstances we also represent individuals who are the subject of internal investigations.
- Agency & Regulatory Proceedings: We represent companies, non-profit organizations and individuals before government agencies and regulators in connection with a variety of claims, such as employment, labor wage and hour issues, discrimination, harassment and whistleblowing, in a wide range of industries.
Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: Why This Course?