Title: Entertainment and Intellectual Property Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Start Date: June 3, 2019
Reavis Page Jump LLP seeks an experienced Paralegal/Legal Assistant to work with our attorneys in a high-quality, collaborative law office in New York. The Paralegal/Legal Assistant is expected to be involved in a range of work in the following practice areas:
- Entertainment (film, television and podcasts), intellectual property, media (television and film), trademark and copyright matters;
- Employment law;
- General corporate and business matters; and
- Other practice areas as needed.
We are looking for someone who is proactive yet easygoing, congenial, with a “can do” outlook and an “on it” approach, and a willingness to chip in and assist with any client or firm requirement as needed– no task too great or small. Primary responsibilities are expected to include the following:
- Preparation of legal documents, proofreading, and editing – must have excellent writing skills and a strong eye for detail and proofreading documents;
- Assist with legal research;
- Interface with firm clients and manage client communications;
- File forms and legal documents electronically or in person; and
- Assist with firm administration, including client billing, legal assistant support, marketing and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Completed Bachelor of Arts or higher degree is required.
- A paralegal certification is a plus, but does not substitute the requirement of an undergraduate degree.
- Top grades, superior writing and oral communication skills, attention to detail, proven organizational skills, excellent time management ability and work ethic, strong computer skills (including Word and Excel) and online legal research abilities.
Candidates must submit a cover letter (note salary requirements), resume and writing sample via email to email@example.com.
**Submissions that do not contain the requested documents or required experience will not be considered.**
Attn: Ms. Sally Cox
Reavis Page Jump LLP