As an equal opportunity employer, RPJ prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, cultural styles or other protected characteristics. Please see the below for current job opportunities RPJ is offering:
Reavis Page Jump LLP is seeking an experienced Litigation Associate who will be responsible for handling a wide range of litigation matters, conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, and providing support to senior attorneys.
This position requires excellent legal and factual research skills, strong writing abilities, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. A successful candidate will have several years of experience as an Associate, with a focus on litigation, with experience in employment preferred. Exposure to corporate, intellectual property, and/or entertainment law a plus as those areas overlap with the firm’s active litigation and employment practices. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and creative, has a strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and works effectively under pressure. The position offers the candidate the opportunity to assume significant responsibility, work with senior attorneys in a collegial environment, and interface directly with clients.
– Admitted to practice law in New York
– Litigation Associate with experience in employment law preferred
– Research – thorough and first-rate legal research that is presented clearly and used to advance client goals
– Discovery – quickly and precisely process and organize document requests and responses; handle third party discovery; maintain an understanding of compliance
– Writing – prepare accurate and precise legal documents, ensuring that the first draft is of the highest quality
– Oral advocacy – experience with court appearances, mediations, and other oral advocacy
– Technology – familiarity with e-discovery programs, legal research platforms (g., Westlaw), and billing software
– Interest and ability in marketing and client development a plus
– Conduct comprehensive legal research and factual investigations to support case strategy and client goals
– Draft pleadings, briefs, position statements, demand letters, responsive submissions, mediation statements, and other litigation-related documents
– Manage discovery process, including processing document requests and responses, and handling third-party discovery; utilize e-discovery tools
– Take and defend depositions, handle discovery disputes, and engage in motion practice
– Conduct client intake and case analysis, including conducting witness interviews
– Draft settlement agreements and assist in drafting and updating legal handbooks
– Ensure compliance with legal regulations and stay updated on industry trends
– Delegate to and supervise other associates and support staff
– Advance client development and marketing of the firm
Reavis Page Jump LLP is based in New York City with flourishing practices in the litigation, alternative dispute resolution, corporate business counseling, employment, entertainment, and intellectual property areas. More Information about the firm can be found on our website: www.rpjlaw.com.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resumé, and writing sample (not to exceed five pages) to email@example.com via email only and noting the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Salary range: $140,000 – $180,000 plus interest in client originations