Alice K. Jump is a Partner at the firm. Her practice focuses on litigation, alternative dispute resolution and business counseling, with particular emphasis on representing clients in the financial services and real estate industries. She also counsels organizations and individuals in connection with employment, compensation and employee restrictive covenants, real estate transactions and partnership and corporate matters. She has represented clients in cases before state and federal courts and other tribunals involving securities, employment, discrimination and whistleblowing claims, real estate, partnerships, intellectual property and general commercial disputes.
Prior to her work with the firm, Ms. Jump practiced at one of the leading international law firms, served as in-house counsel to a major broker-dealer and has over thirty years of experience as a commercial litigator and legal advisor.
Ms. Jump has a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer rating and is admitted to practice in New York and before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Ms. Jump earned a B.A. from Yale University (magna cum laude, 1978) and a J.D. from Columbia University School of Law (1982), where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and Associate Editor for the Journal of Environmental Law.
Ms. Jump has served as a member and director of several nonprofit organizations, offering pro bono legal services to underserved groups with particular focus on the elderly.
Ms. Jump has a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer rating.
- Feldman-Boland v. Morgan Stanley, 2016 WL 3826285 (S.D.N.Y. 2016)
- Leshinsky v. Telvent GIT, S.A., 942 F. Supp. 2d 432 (S.D.N.Y. 2013)
- Leshinsky v. Telvent GIT, S.A., 873 F. Supp. 2d 582 (S.D.N.Y. 2012)
- 2626 BWAY LLC v. Broadway Metro Associates, LP, 32 Misc. 3d 1234(A), 2011 WL 361959 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2011)
- Weinraub v. Glen Rauch Securities, Inc., 180 Fed. Appx. 233 (2d Cir. 2006)
- Weinraub v. Glen Rauch Securities, Inc., 419 F. Supp. 2d 507 (S.D.N.Y. 2005)
- Chanchani v. Salomon/Smith Barney, Inc., 2001 WL 204214 (S.D.N.Y. 2001)
- Drummond v. Petito, 271 A.D. 2d 208, 705 N.Y.S. 2d 363 (N.Y. App. Div., 2000)
- Chrysler Capital Corp. v. Bankers Trust Co., 1992 WL 58854 (S.D.N.Y. 1992)
- E & K Success Import Export, Ltd. v. Geha-Werke GMBH, 1985 WL 5121 (S.D.N.Y. 1985)
- In Matter of Application of Frates (Revlon, Inc. v. Pantry Pride, Inc.), 1985 WL 2752 (S.D.N.Y. 1985)
- American Progressive Life and Health Ins. Co. of New York v. Corcoran, 715 F. 2d 784 (2nd Cir. 1983)
Noted Speaking Engagements
- “#MeToo, Now What? The Sexual Harassment Debate from the Legal Trenches,” CLE Webcast for AltaClaro, with RPJ Partner Nicole Page – April 25, 2018
- “In the Wake of #MeToo: The Legal & Cultural Contours of Workplace Sexual Harassment (Part 2),” Expert Clip with RPJ Partner Nicole Page, AltaClaro – April 19, 2018
- “In the Wake of #MeToo: The Legal & Cultural Contours of Workplace Sexual Harassment (Part 1),” Expert Clip with RPJ Partner Nicole Page, AltaClaro – April 12, 2018
- “Empowered by Effective Empathy,” Ascension Story, AltaClaro – April 6, 2018
- “DOMA – A Year Later,” Speaker, Presentation for North Fork Women for Women Fund with RPJ Counsel Jeffrey L. Blankstein – May 3, 2014
Selected Articles & Publications
- “RPJ’s New York: Audrey Munson,” RPJ – January 28, 2019
- “RPJ’s New York: Madison College,” RPJ – November 15, 2018
- “RPJ’s New York: Cass Gilbert and the New York Life Building,” RPJ – September 18, 2018
- “RPJ’s New York: The Moira Ann Smith Playground,” RPJ – June 18, 2018
- “RPJ’s New York: Edith Wharton’s Home,” RPJ – April 25, 2018
- “RPJ’s New York: The Jerome Mansion,” RPJ – March 22, 2018
- “Supreme Court Hits Pause Button on Limitations Periods for State Claims,” RPJ – January 24, 2018
- “The Harassment Debate: A View from the Legal Trenches,” RPJ – December 29, 2018
- “The Truth About What You’re Entitled to Severance-Wise When You Lose Your Job,” by Stacey Lastoe, The Muse, featuring quotes from Ms. Jump and RPJ Partner Helen D. “Heidi” Reavis – July 27, 2017
- “Waiver of Future Employment Clauses: Legal Issues and Practical Tips,” RPJ – May 25, 2017
- “Insights on New DOL Fiduciary Standard for Retirement Advisors,” RPJ – May 31, 2016
- “Highlights of NYS Paid Family Leave (in Effect in 2018),” RPJ – April 15, 2016
- “Second Circuit Reaffirms Expanded Definition of Protected Activity Under SOX Whistleblower Statute,” RPJ – October 20, 2014