Mark H. Moore, a Partner at the firm, is a trial lawyer with extensive courtroom and arbitral experience. He understands the importance of mastering complex sets of facts and providing clear and concise strategies and advice to guide the client forward. Mr. Moore’s areas of litigation span a range of matters, including employment disputes and cases involving executive contracts, non-compete provisions and claims of discrimination; contract disputes and business torts; securities matters, including cases involving fraud, mergers and acquisitions, financial advisory agreements, collateralized mortgage and loan obligations, swaps and other derivative products and class actions; intellectual property issues, including copyright, trademark, design patent and trade secret disputes; and other commercial matters, including real estate and land use, trade regulation and partnership disputes.
Through thirty years of practice, he has successfully represented public companies, small and medium sized businesses, securities firms, shareholders, brokers, customers, investors, employees and insurance companies. He has conducted both trials and appeals in state and federal courts throughout the United States, including bankruptcy court, and has represented clients in arbitrations under the auspices of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and private arbitral forums. He has participated in numerous successful mediations of commercial and employment disputes.
He has received a Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, a peer ranking of the highest level of professional excellence. He is admitted to practice in New York, the United States Courts of Appeal for the Second and Third Circuits and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Moore completed his B.A. at Michigan State University (with high honors, 1978) and his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law (1982), where he was Articles Editor for the Journal of Law and Social Problems.
Mr. Moore serves as a board member of the READ Alliance, a non-profit organization dedicated to teaching disadvantaged children vital reading skills.
Mr. Moore has received a Martindale-Hubbell AV rating.
Mr. Moore has authored a number of articles on the application of the federal anti-hacking statutes to the workplace and to trade secret disputes.
Noted Speaking Engagements
- “Privacy in the Workplace—What You Should Know,” Panel Speaker, European American Chamber of Commerce – March 4, 2015
Selected Articles & Publications
- “Key Decision on Reverse Engineering in Software,” RPJ Blog – January 17, 2018
- “New York’s Ban on Salary History Inquiries,” RPJ Blog – November 6, 2017
- “5Pointz: From There to Here,” by Joanna Pan, Sold Magazine, featuring quotes from Mr. Moore – November 1, 2017
- “Groundbreaking Decision on Employee Privacy in Europe,” RPJ Blog – September 11, 2017
- “Emerging Standard for Successor Liability for Federal Labor Claims,” RPJ Blog – September 1, 2017
- “Four Things You Need to Know About Federal Anti-Hacking Statutes in Employment Disputes,” Corporate Counsel – December 2, 2016
- “Workplace Disputes Under the Stored Communications Act,” Corporate Counsel – October 20, 2014
- “New York’s Court of Appeals Orders the Production of Source Code for Risk Analytics Software,” RPJ Blog – September 24, 2014
- “The U.S. Supreme Court Preserves the Efficient Market Presumption in Investors’ Class Actions,” RPJ Blog – July 7, 2014