Jill Kahn Marshall represents individuals and corporations in the areas of employment law, litigation and dispute resolution and healthcare.
Ms. Marshall frequently represents individuals in the negotiation of employment and separation agreements, as well as claims involving discrimination and harassment in the workplace. She also provides counseling for individuals navigating complicated circumstances at work. For her corporate clients, Ms. Marshall provides employment counseling, conducts internal investigations, drafts employment and separation agreements and employee handbooks, and defends against charges of discrimination. She also frequently conducts anti-harassment and discrimination trainings, having co-created RPJ’s original live and online training programs. Ms. Marshall has experience before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and its state and local counterparts, and has represented clients at trial in federal and state courts and in arbitration hearings. She regularly represents clients in the healthcare, technology and financial services industries. Ms. Marshall offers her clients practical, efficient solutions and is frequently able to resolve disputes prior to formal litigation.
Prior to joining RPJ, Ms. Marshall was an associate at Lichten & Liss-Riordan in Boston, a preeminent employment litigation firm, and a litigation associate at Chadbourne & Parke in New York.
Ms. Marshall is a 2019 Super Lawyers’ Rising Star of the New York Metro area and is admitted to practice in New York and Massachusetts, as well as the District Courts for Massachusetts and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Ms. Marshall graduated from the University of Pennsylvania (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008) and received her law degree from New York University School of Law (J.D., 2011), where she was a notes editor for the Journal of Legislation and Public Policy.
Services & Honors
Ms. Marshall has had a strong commitment to public interest work throughout her career. She volunteers as a career coach with Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence. Ms. Marshall has also interned for and partnered on pro bono projects with the ACLU Women’s Rights Project, the New York Civil Liberties Union, the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund and Amnesty International’s Women’s Human Rights Project. Additionally, Ms. Marshall has worked with Brooklyn Legal Services to represent tenant associations seeking to preserve affordable housing, represented victims of domestic abuse seeking orders of protection, and assisted eligible candidates to apply for federal food stamp benefits.
Ms. Marshall was selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars for the New York Metro area in 2019.
- Reported Judicial Decisions
Selected Engagements & Publications
Selected Articles & Publications
- “Debate and Developments Around Non-Competes in Physician Agreements,” RPJ – February 24, 2020
- “Second Thoughts on Secondary Caregiver Leave,” RPJ – November 20, 2019
- “New York Strengthens Anti-Discrimination Measures in the Workplace,” RPJ – July 19, 2019
- “Starting Up Smarter: Addressing Sexual Harassment in Co-Working Spaces,” RPJ – Feb. 21, 2019
- “15 in ’19: Minimum Wage Increase Goes Into Effect,” RPJ – January 8, 2019
- “#MeToo Enters Year Two: New Legal Obligations and How We Can Help,” RPJ, with RPJ Partner Deena R. Merlen – October 5, 2018
- “Massachusetts Enacts Law Governing Non-Compete Agreements,” RPJ – August 23, 2018
- “Tying Performance Reviews to Diversity Metrics: Potential Legal Issues,” RPJ – June 29, 2018