Last week, Reavis Parent Lehrer LLP filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court of the Southern District of New York on behalf of a former associate attorney of Defendant Goldberg Segalla LLP, an international law firm headquartered in New York State. As the lawsuit describes, Plaintiff Marissa T. Jones was recruited to the firm on the basis of its family-friendly culture and practices. After returning from family leave after the birth of her second child, she was subjected to months of systematic gender discrimination and harassment, and later retaliated against after making a complaint to human resources.
The lawsuit was covered by leading industry publications Law360, the New York Law Journal, Above the Law, JD Journal as well as by Buffalo Law Journal of Buffalo Business First, a major outlet in Buffalo, NY, where Defendant Goldberg Segalla LLP headquarters are located. Read the coverage by clicking the links below (PDFs):
- Law360: Goldberg Segalla Sued For Discrimination By Ex-Atty
- New York Law Journal: Ex-Goldberg Segalla Associate Claims Gender Bias Over Childcare Duties
- Above the Law: The Trend Continues — Another Gender Bias Lawsuit Against A Large Law Firm
- JD Journal: Gender Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Against Goldberg Segalla
- Buffalo Law Journal Buffalo Business First: Former Goldberg Segalla attorney alleges gender discrimination in firm’s NYC office
The case is Marissa T. Jones, Esq. v. Goldberg Segalla LLP and Frederick J. Pomerantz, Esq., Case Number 1:16-cv-06843, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.